We can’t believe it’s come and gone, Ramadan went by so quickly! At Best Body Co. we would like to wish you a healthy and enjoyable Eid break! Take this time to rest and rejuvenate, and hopefully stay active and keep up with your training also 😉💪
This time of the year can be problematic for people staying on course with their health and weight loss goals. Being informed and having a plan is the best way to approach the holiday season!
Playing the ignorant card or saying “I’ll start being healthy with the new diet after Eid or in the New Year,” gives way to mindless uncontrolled behaviours taking you further away from your goals… Don’t waste all of your hard work so far! Keep things in check over the holiday season!
Here are 5 tips to help you keep off the extra weight for the Eid long weekend and Summer break ☀️☀️☀️
- Have a PLAN!!! Set yourself boundaries before you’re wrist deep in the Nutella jar. Pick your treats wisely and have limits with quantities and frequency.
- Pack your gym clothes and stay active. Turning into to a slob will affect your mindset and mood. “Motion creates emotion.” You don’t always need a gym! Our members that travel a lot are given hotel room workouts that can be just as hard as training with equipment AND just as beneficial! No equipment, no worries! Just reply to this email if you’d like us to send you a free travel plan!
- Drink 500ml of water before each meal. Research has shown that drinking water before each meal can drastically reduce the number of self-regulated calories consumed.
- When booking accommodation, take the option without the buffet breakfast included if you know that controlling yourself will be a challenge. Sure, there are healthy options at those buffet breakfasts, but the waffle station with peanut butter, chocolate sauce and whipped cream is right next to those healthy options… and temptation can often get the better of us! 😉
- Take six deep centred breaths before each meal. Research has shown that just six breaths can have a calming effect on your nervous system and mind. Being self-aware will increase your ability to make smarter food choices.
We’re all about balance and encouraging a lifestyle that lets you have your special treats and things that make you happy. Treat (cheat) meals make us happy too! If you follow us on Instagram @coach.adamcub and @onefitwonderwoman, you’ll see what we mean!
Chocolates and peanut butter make us extremely happy… But there are diminishing returns in terms of how pleasurable it feels when we are frequently and excessively eating them!
If you really focus and become present when eating those treats, on how they make you feel mentally and physically, then you will eat much less. The right dose means your brain will light up and it will be a pleasurable experience for you. Too much and you’ll be uncomfortable, flatulent and lethargic!
Unconscious eating is the enemy here! If you’re having a treat, then enjoy it guilt-free! Mindlessly eating the entire family-sized popcorn to the salty end will leave your mouth red raw, dry and looking for a gallon of liquid to offset the feeling of dehydration. Don’t eat to finish something, eat for nutrition or pleasure.
Stay Healthy this Eid Break!
Adam & Olivia McCubbin
P.s. In other news, we have had a great response for the upcoming cycle of the Original #6in4Challenge that starts on 6th July! If you would like to apply click here before it’s too late.