Over the last 20 years personal training has exploded in popularity.
Not too long ago, personal training was something only the rich and famous did.
Now when you walk into any commercial gym, personal training is being accessed by a large segment of the general population.
And for good reason, it has gained a lot of momentum. Getting people into positive health routines and teaching what is required to take them from point A to point B with expert guidance is what many think will help them to get to results quicker and safer.
Like any industry, there are good and bad trainers. Find yourself with a good trainer and they’ll get you to where you want to go…
On the other hand, find yourself with a bad trainer and you’ll being paying to increase your chances of injury, have someone carry your water bottle around and talk about your personal life for a high price.
Let’s say you find one of the “good” trainers (that can actually get you results) – you’ll be paying a premium for that one-on-one approach.
Just because you’re paying a lot of money, doesn’t mean it’s more effective than a group exercise program.
Here are 5 reasons why group training programs might be a better choice for you.
1. Personal training is a solo endeavour that lacks exposure to other people on the same path. All the self-help books tell you to only compete with the person in the mirror (you). But doing this can give you an unrealistic experience of what level you’re at and lacks the ability to be competitive with others. Being the most unfit in a group exercise setting has a huge upside for potential growth.It might be uncomfortable to know this, but you’ll get better and experience a more rapid rate of improvement when you see what is possible with focused effort. Don’t stick your head in the sand, find someone who is where you want to be and model them.
2. Community and friendship will have you surrounded by people with similar goals and aspirations. Having a group of gym buddies will keep you accountable when the going gets tough. Sleep-in a few days in a row and your gym family will be calling wondering where you have been. Nothing like social accountability.
3. The music and the vibe are far more motivating than hearing your trainer count your reps. A good music playlist and an inspiring instructor will not only get you training at your peak but will lift your mood and mindset.
4. Saving your money and reinvesting it where it counts. Put aside the saved cash for better nutrition and recovery. You can’t out-train a bad diet and under recover, so why not level up all the pillars for results. Focus on spending your money on better quality food choices, if budget permits. Or look into investing in some self-care like a massage, a holiday or saving for a house.
5. Don’t pay for a friend (your trainer), make friends. Having a larger group of friends will improve all the areas of your life. Expand your circle!
Need help with selecting a group exercise program where you’ll love the vibe and the music, the high intensity high energy workouts. inspiring coaches and can be sure that you’ll get results?
If you’re in Dubai, our next body transformation challenge starts during Ramadan from 2 – 30 April and is exclusive to CAMP – Dubai’s newest fitness club with world-class indoor cycling classes.
Maybe you’re injured and cannot do high impact workouts?
Maybe you’ve had some time off from exercise and need to find a way to motivate you and push you to get back into routine?
Maybe you’re sick of making excuses and are ready to make a change, tone up, lose weight and get in shape once and for all?
Whatever the reason, we’d love you to join THE BODY CAMP CHALLENGE.
Click here to find out more about the challenge.