It’s hard to believe we’re in the fourth week of January already! This is when the New Year’s resolutions are either made or broken.
Everyone starts with the best intentions of reading more, watching less TV, exercising and sticking to that healthy eating plan.
But as motivation dwindles, unless there has been a habit set, then chances are you’ll be slipping into those old habits before the month is out.
Don’t count on motivation. Count on your daily habits and discipline for the rest of 2022.
Not to worry if you’ve let it slip. No one hits it out of the park every time they take a swing!
No good comes from getting down or beating yourself up on not fulfilling your new years goals this early in the year.
There is still plenty of time to course correct and learn from our misfires.
Here are 5 strategies to get you back on course with your health and fitness:
- Put it in your calendar. Write in the time and place you’re going to execute. If it’s not in your calendar it won’t happen.
- Show up even if it’s just a small step or short session. The key is to maintain the habit even if it’s only for 5 minutes. Keep the ball rolling!
- Have an appointment or a gym friend that is counting on you to show up.
- Focus on what you can do. Don’t let lack of resources or injuries stop you in your tracks. Can’t squat or run, then start boxing or rowing. Where there’s a will there’s a way!
- Make sure your habits and goals are actually important and enjoyable to you. Don’t start doing a form of exercise you hate or just because “everyone” else is doing it. Do what is important to you and find joy in your habits
P.s If you can’t make it to our face to face program in Dubai, don’t worry we have you covered online. Our 6in4 Online program is a great option and can be done from the comfort of your own home without any equipment…. Aaaand you can still lose 6kg in 4 weeks!!